Lifetime Chronicle Press and the Montrose (Colorado) Regional Library District are sponsoring a two-Saturday event in the Community Room and the Montrose Library. All events are free, though space is somewhat limited, so call Carole London at 970-240-1345 to register.
Saturday, March 21st, will feature two morning presentations and one in the afternoon. Saturday, March 28th, will again feature two morning presentations, the first of which I will give on “Marketing on the Internet.” The event after mine will be a panel discussion and I’ll be part of the panel. The afternoon session features an author reception with about 20 authors (including me).
Here are topics I plan to cover in my presentation:
- Getting onto Amazon–the pros and cons
- Setting up a blog on blogspot.com or else using WordPress (free) on your own website
- How to get your own URL and how to use it–how to find a hosting provider such as Yahoo or an independent
- Web contact forms–without the spam
- Web mailing lists–meeting the legal requirements
- Posting or commenting on other author’s blogs–getting the word out
- Video–the YouTube revolution–as easy as a webcam–using XP’s built-in movie maker
- Facebook and Twitter–connecting with Millennials–and Baby Boomers!
- Setting up on-line ordering on your website or blog
- PayPal (or Google or others), with Buy Now buttons and Shopping Carts (it’s not that hard–really!)
- Shipping (UPS or else USPS Media Mail)
- Collecting and paying state sales tax for Colorado sales
- Demo of a blog (this one) to show how easy it is to post new material (I’m assuming the library’s WiFi will reach into the presentation room
See you there! Use the contact form if you have any questions.